About Me

My photo
"I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework." - Lily Tomlinson

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Activity 3 Do Schools Kill Creativity?

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching this video! Robinson does a great job at conveying his message, but also making it fun at the same time. I found myself writing notes after notes until I had 2 pages.

Three ideas I agree with...

1. Everyone has an interesting education and it goes deep with people like money and religion. It takes us into the future that we can't grasp.

2. All kids have tremendous talents.

3. Children are not afraid to be wrong.

Two ideas that surprised me...

1. We grow out of creativity (or are educated out of it)

2. Everywhere on Earth has the same hierarchy of education.

Idea that confused you/ disagree with...

This video was simply amazing! Robinson talked about all the things that I feel very strongly about and he managed to do it in a fun way. I do not disagree or am confused about anything he said. He was very clear and truthful about the things he said. This is a video that I will reference in the future when I talk about my perspective of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment